RecoveryPoint – Simple. Secure. Confidence.
Nearly 100% of unprotected companies will experience a potentially game-changing data emergency during the next 5 years. Fortunately, your business doesn’t have to be among them with our Data Backup option. RecoveryPoint offers 100% guaranteed business continuity via proactive monitoring, frequent backups, and a fast, reliable standby infrastructure.
The hard truth is that traditional backups simply aren’t enough to ensure your company stays running. Before RecoveryPoint, Performance Fire Protection required three days to recover files and folder systems from their backup system—during which all work came to a standstill. With RecoveryPoint, their systems are protected. In the event of local data loss, complete restoration is possible within 30 minutes.
Data is the heart of your enterprise—accidental loss can be devastating. And not every disaster takes the form of the obvious. Besides natural disasters and power failures, hundreds of businesses every day suffer crippling losses due to database corruption, hardware failures, hackers, and accidental deletion (employee error). Even a small loss can be damaging.
"Waypoint always has the latest cutting edge computer system solutions for our firm, and I know they will recommend what is best for our firm."
Amanda Mingo, Partner, Rawls, Sheer, Foster & Mingo, P.L.L.C. – Charlotte, NC
Creating Your Backup and Recovery Plan
An effective data backup plan requires time and planning. We stress the little stuff for you, so you can keep working, secure in the knowledge that your data backup plan is right for your company. To create your customized plan, we’ll look at:
- How many different types of data your organization stores.
- How important each type of data is to your daily operations.
- What regulatory concerns around data backup are in force for your industry.
- In the event of a disaster, which data needs to be recovered immediately, and which can be stored remotely.
- How often each type of data changes. Frequency of change can impact how often data should be backed up as well as when and how.
- How your existing backup system is structured, and how much of the infrastructure you already have.
- Proactive 24/7 monitoring for immediate incident detection
- Data backed up as often as every 5 minutes
- Hassle-free local backup for speed plus duplicated offsite archiving for complete protection
- Virtual standby server enables rapid restoration of files, folders, and email
The technical details:
- We back up operating system, applications, and data at least every 15 minutes, 24-7.
- If a server fails, we’ll have you up and running within minutes on our virtual stand-by server.
- When you need to recover lost or deleted email from days, or even months, ago our granular recovery for Microsoft Exchange Servers will save the day.
- Your data is replicated to our SAS70 Type II and HIPAA compliant data centers so your business is protected even in the event of serious disaster.
SyncPoint is a back-up, cloud sync and
collaboration solution for your entire company, featuring :
- Universal file access; sync across stationary and mobile devices
- Comprehensive usage reports
- 448-bit Blowfish encryption, on device and in-transit
- Private encryption key management
- Remote wipes of desktops and devices
- Custom deleted file retention periods
- Granular user-access and security controls
- Revised file backup
- Managed file sharing for internal/external parties
- Multiple folder backup (Documents, Desktop, Pictures, etc.)
- Continuous, real-time backup
Understanding the different types of data backup
Not all data backup services are created equal. Full backups, differential and incremental backups, daily backups, and extended backups play different roles in data recovery. Replication, geographic distribution, and virtual servers all contribute to flexibility and security. Historical backups address the problem of data loss that is discovered months after the fact.
It’s important that your data backup provider understand both your business and how the different types of data backup will serve your goals. With RecoveryPoint, you’re covered. You get the guidance you need, plus:
- Multiple offsite replications in at least three distinct geographic regions. This ensures that even if the power goes down for your entire region, your data is secure and ready to recover as soon as the lights come back on.
- Near real-time backups. Never lose so much as 20 minutes worth of new data.
- Secure, encrypted, compressed formats. If a server is compromised by malware or hackers, your data will be secure and unreadable to thieves.
- On-site virtual servers. In addition to off-site replication, on-site backup provides for fast restoration.
Learn more about protecting your business from disaster in this article by co-founder Tony Shannon, originally published in Greater Charlotte Biz magazine. Or read more about small business data recovery challenges.
Click here for more information on our data backup service in Miami, FL and Charlotte, NC.